- Category: Our programs
Programming club for young people | Anyone aged 7 to 17 can learn to code, build a website, create app or game, and explore technology in an informal, creative, and social environment
In the current context of globalization, ICT are necessary tools for the bloomig of young Africans, and their use is a mandatory skill to participate in the development of our communities.
The CoderDojo Ecolia Labs program in collaboration with CodeDojo Foundation has a threefold objective
- Promote digital trades to young children in order to create vocations;
- Encourage acquisition of soft skills and develop a good digital culture among these young people;
- Develop their critical thinking and their ability to reason, innovate and work in teams.
The CoderDojo Ecolia Labs program trains youth on the following concepts:
- Computer programming and development of mobile applications;
- The development of video games with SCRATCH and PYTHON;
- The responsible and ethical social media use;
- Open Source.
Help transform young people that we coach, help them realise that they can build a positive future through coding and community.
The program runs each saturday, each session host 20 young people. Boy-girl parity is scrupulously respected.
Please Don't forget to support our crowdfunding campaign in order to help us create the first Social Tech Hub in Yaounde (Cameroon). thank you in advance
SUPPORT OUR PROJECT